A leading international wholesale and retail company and provider of logistics and services to the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector is looking for a Head of European Data Management. The client have close to 40,000 employees across Europe and over 2000 retail outlets in 13 European countries.
You will be at senior management level and will have experience as a Head of Data for a European or global organisation and have directly managed a small team of data professionals. You will also need to of led and be accountable for master data management and ideally have experience of rolling out a data strategy across an organisation. The client are also implementing SAP HANA across Europe and ideal candidates will have strong ERP Programme Management skills from a Data perspective.
- Leads the Master Data business stream for the European ERP Programme. First phase is to deliver to European Core Template and UK Localisations in the UK.
- Leads the current European Data Management team who are based in Germany but working 98%+ on the ERP Programme
- Oversees the Migration Team activities within the ERP programme to ensure a co-ordinated approach.
- Leads or nominates and guides the resource being responsible for Master Data and Migration during local phase deployments for ERP.
- Determines the future structure for Data Governance and the post programme team.
- Leadership of the MDM workstream from a business perspective, with close alignment to the SI partner workstream lead. Includes working with programme leadership and PMO to effectively plan activities, manage risks and issues and support weekly reporting.
- Ensure the design and implementation of future data models and data governance controls and processes meet the business needs, whilst aligning to the programme objective of sticking to standard SAP wherever possible.
- Support other workstreams to identify, capture and understand data requirements including integration topics across workstream or across applications including local IT.
- Drive consistency and harmonization across the core template for ERP whilst supporting critical local needs.
- Design and implementation of the MDM business organisation and alignment with IT
- Definition and documentation of business requirements processes, DQM and support processes
- Definition of target levels for DQM KPIs, for SLAs and for managing data quality expectations
- Management of the small EDM team to ensure performance and behaviours in line with the company iCARE values.
- Supporting change management activities relating to data processes and ways of working
- Multiple years of relevant working experience in Data Management and Process, preferably in the ERP (SAP) environment.
- Leadership experience (5+ years) with a strong ability to reason and influence.
- Project management experience (2+ years)
- Proven record of execution of activities, ability to conceptualise, debate, decide and commit in a timely manner.
- Ideally good understanding of the Pharma business models (or similar highly regulated, high volume environment) business processes and resulting business requirements for MDM
This role will require regular travel to Germany and potentially other European countries.
Initial six month role.