This role, with a very large client has two functions. The client currently has a PMO that has traditionally acted as an admin and support function. The client are looking for someone who who can develop and shape the PMO so that it takes a leading role in delivering projects and shaping the procedures and standards that will be used across all of Europe. It will involve leading a team of five PMO staff and ensuring all projects are delivered using best practices to deliver according to the agreed scope, time, cost, quality, and benefits. The right candidate for this role will have led a best practice PMO for an international client
While simultaneously orchestrating the day-to-day operations of the PMO and its continuous improvement as a centre of excellence, the second part of this role will develop into portfolio transformation management and will provide the support needed by the Director of Business Transformation and Programme Managers, to help them achieve their objectives. Strategy and decisions on which projects are in the portfolio to deliver the required business transformation will need to be considered and structured.
The role holder will also ensure project teams receive the mentoring, services and support they require to deliver project outputs. This will involve ensuring project resources are equipped with the appropriate tools and processes - and trained to use them in the ways defined by the PMO.
Monitoring and reporting on progress from project to executive steering committee level requires the ability to articulate information clearly, concisely, and accurately, enabling business and IT stakeholders to make informed decisions.
The role holder will be expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery. Coupled with a deep knowledge of project, programme management and excellent organisational skills, this delivery-focused role is fundamental to the success of this transformation agenda.
A key component of the role will be to ensure the successful realisation of business outcomes and benefits from a large-scale pan European S4 HANA ERP Programme.
• Significant experience at a senior level in a PMO Function
• Developing project and programme management and planning skills and experience
• Managing the PMO components of a range of business and IT projects and programmes
• Ownership of the project delivery approach, its implementation, establishment and iteration
• Providing input to organisational business and budget planning
• Significant experience of portfolio management and input into business transformation
• Establishing performance management frameworks and tools
• Managing and motivating virtual and matrix project teams and the PMO team
• Enabling stakeholders to determine the prioritisation of projects and programmes
• Managing conflicting priorities to deliver high-quality outcomes under pressure
• Providing timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed
• Resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects
• Tracking project benefits realisation and lessons learned activities
• Embedding the day-to-day use of RAID tools and processes
• Monitoring and reporting on project budgets at project, programme and sponsor levels
• Mentoring and coaching the PMO and project delivery teams
• Providing thought leadership to build a high-value PMO function
• Fluent written and spoken English is essential
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to embed a sense of urgency across delivery teams and within the PMO
• Flexibility to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
• Ability to challenge in a collaborative manner
• Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
• Excellent attention to detail, both written and numerical, and commitment to quality
• Comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with business and IT teams
• Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organisation