A rapidly growing business with an extensive and growing customer base seeks an IT Director to take them to the next stage in the development and running of their already advanced IT estate. With a commitment to emerging technologies Cloud, RPA, AI etc this role is a real opportunity to step up into the role of IT Director and have a real impact on the continued growth of this business.
The client is the leading provider in the care services sector who excel in the timely provision of high quality equipment to customers across the UK.
With a turnover of £160m and now employing 800 staff, they have seen impressive growth within their market space especially over the last five years.
They make 900,000 deliveries and deliver/collect in excess of 2,700,000 items per annum. This logistical exercise is carried out by their own fleet of 350 vehicles, each of which makes 15 -20 deliveries per day, which can include some level of installation.
As a market leader with an excellent reputation and a strong financial and operational foundation, they are perfectly poised to capitalise both in their core market and with new and complementary revenue streams in line with their strategic plan.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is to succeed the current IT Director who is moving to a different group company. The client is willing to consider candidates who already hold an IT Director’s position or someone who can grow into the role and is ready to make the step up from a Senior IT Management post into a Director’s role. They are prepared to help, nurture and fully support the right candidate through this process of development.
As they provide critical products/services to customers, their IT Systems must always be available.
As IT Director your initial responsibilities will be to ensure the continued functioning and availability of IT systems as required by the business as handed over from the existing IT Director. While the client needs a safe pair of hands to ensure IT continues to run smoothly, they also want a commercially aware and ambitious individual capable of bringing their ideas which can make a real contribution to the continued success of the business.
The company are already very advanced in their use of emerging technologies with comprehensive use of Cloud SAAS solutions and automation across their estate and an ongoing commitment to continual improvement in efficiency and the customer experience.
You will have a solid technical background and understand how a strong IT function contributes to a successful business. You will be capable of managing and motivating colleagues and have the personality to drive profitability and client satisfaction through improving and developing the IT offering working closely with the business, clients and third-party providers. The client provides critical support to those in need and are looking for someone who shares the vision of helping others in a rapidly changing and growing healthcare sector.
The goal is to ensure business critical systems and people are efficient and profit centred, functioning within the limits of budget, time and within the specifications of the Company.
In particular, you will:
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security and infrastructure, logistics, ERP, POP, SOP and BI Platform) and undergoing periodic re-evaluation according to established goals, scalability and security.
- Line manage a small in house team and many third party suppliers
- Devise and develop IT systems/policies to support the implementation of the strategic plan.
- A good working knowledge of databases, software development methodologies and Business Intelligence.
- Analyse the business requirements of clients and internal departments to determine their technology needs ensuring they remain market leaders and optimise competitive advantage.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Identify the need for improvements, upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to the Board.
- Root and branch coordination of IT strategy, operations and policy across the estate.
- Control budget and report on expenditure.
- Continue to build and maintain relationships with key vendors and suppliers, creating cost-efficient, workable contracts and environments.
- Currently an IT Director or experience in a Senior IT Management role with the desire, ambition and ability to step up to IT Director
- Highly customer focused and able to balance the demands of multiple stakeholders
- Creative, ambitious and customer/profit driven.
- Will be able to talk coherently about IT to the business and about the business to IT.
- Previous experience of managing an environment where system availability must be very close to 100% at all times.
- To complement the client’s business, a knowledge of logistics where delivery efficiency is paramount is desirable.
- Managing an IT estate across a multi-site environment with between 500-1000 users
- Experience in analysis and implementation/upgrade of business-critical IT systems.
- Sound understanding of real-time business-critical cloud computing.
- Experience in controlling an information technology budget.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- BSc computing, engineering or relevant field. MSc/MA will be a plus.
What’s on offer:
- A highly supportive and collaborative work environment
- An employer who is prepared to invest in the development of their new IT Director
- A real opportunity for career development
- Flexible working environment and work-life balance
- A competitive base salary for the right person with a guide level of a £90-£100k base with a car or car allowance, bonus of up to 50%, healthcare and pension.
Either West London or Midlands based